Friday, May 29, 2009

am i old-fashioned...or is altruism still around?

ya ya ya my last posting was may 25th. its now may 29th. i can give you a whole lorryload of excuses, board meeting lah, audit comm lah...bla bla bla...hehe. Which, incidentally are true though. Alot has taken place during the week that I am tempted to comment, respond or give my personal views but as usual i shall refrain from doing it lest I be accused of attempting to replace RPK (hahaha) who, I read the star today, is missing and suspected of having left the country and is in brisbane. already some have said that I look like him (RPK) oh my gawd. I better make sure that I am not a case of a 'mistaken identity' hahaha. Then there was this 5 request thingy, according to reportslah, the independent chinese schools group putting pressure on DPM and also Minister of Education, YB Tan Sri Muhyidin Yassin. I kinda like his response though. The independent chinese schools wanted the govt to recognise their senior middle three... something like thatlah. Well the keyword is recognition. So, Muhyidin dengan selambe dek je jawap: '...well, you chose to be independent, now you want us to recognise you, tak bolehlah. if you want us to recognise you, come back to the fold (meaning come under the purview and regulations of the ministry of educationlah) then we can review'...something like thatlah...my interpretation (hehe). Well done Tan Sri, Kudos for your firm responses. I notice Datuk AKJ pon dah bosan komen on the silver happenings (wink)...he has moved on to Petronas and corporate leadership sustainability. And it looks like the Oxbridge mafia is still very much in control (hehe). Move aside US Ivy League guys! The Jaya Supermarket crash yesterday afternoon...hmmm...was it an accident or was it deliberately meant to be demolished? That's the interesting question. We shall wait for futher reports of the investigation. The PKFZ report? When I quickly read the report in the mainstream media today...I was just wondering why the Auditors wanted an indemnity before the report was made public (in the newspapers today)? Would they not already be protected by their code of professional conduct? (I stand corrected though hihi). Surely they are all covered under the D&O Liability Insurance too? (wink). Sorry CKF (he is a hull alumnus...just like John Prescott, former Deputy PM of the UK during Tony Blair's reign...hehehe). The hoo-haa seems to me, like opening up pandora's box...

Someone suggested to me that if I wanted a sudden surge of tsunami-like hits to my blog, that I should wear black, get caught by the police, my face all over the newspapers, on TV...hahahaha. No thank you Datuk! thank you for the thought hahaha. I may reconsider when I am no longer gainfully employed (wink). Which brings me to this young lawyer fren of mine who is having mixed feelings about him being nominated and will be appointed into a divisional political party (bahagian) ...something like det lah. He is worried, with mixed feelings, takut orang dengki, too younglah for the post, you need to wait-for-your-turn culture syndrome lah...bla bla bla. So i tell him, go for it bro, its gonna be an awesome experience. Fastforward learning opportunity. Don't forget, times have changed (if your are reading this bro), you are not only going to compete with the nonmalays, you have to compete with your fellow malays bah. If you have what I think you have, the spirit and aspirations of the early founding fathers of 'the party', this would be a great start. Don't forget most, at the time, were teachers, pakai baju melayu labuh, songkok tinggi (ala padang), bawak nasi bungkos dalam daun upeh dan mendayung perahu ke hulu, just to attend a mesyuarat bahagian. Their end in mind wuz caste in stone and were not ezily distracted by anything else you see in abundance today. Go see the movie Laskar Pelangi' for additional inspiration bro. The message was soo crystal clear and simple: Apabila kamu menjadi pemimpin satu hari nanti, berikanlah sebanyak-banyaknya kepada agama, bangsa dan negaramu, dan janganlah kamu sekali -kali mengambil sebanyak-banyaknya dari bangsa, agama dan negaramu... (when you become a leader one day, give as much as you can, not take as much as you can...) ya ya ya so much for the altruism I know some of my frens (who read this) will smurk...hahaha. Do have a fabulous weekend fellas...(evil grin).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should learn this from Indonesia, 1 bahasa all in Indonesian language. SALUTE THEM!

Khaeruddin Sudharmin said...

for the last 50 years, what were we doing? what went wrong? it was not as simple as just following indonesia. the political and ethnic terrain was and is difficult and different. if we go deeper into what u juz said, there wud be interesting debate on the pros and cons...hehe...