Saturday, April 19, 2008

first class infra, third class maintenance mentality...




I notice the flowers on the trees, yes, its that time of year again. I took my morning brisk walk this morning at the SS7 lakeside. They have done it quite well, with jogging tracks and all. The lake cleaned and placed with water sprouts and a row of shop/office lots (mostly unoccupied yet) adorn the lakeside. The developer named it Plaza Kelana Jaya. I can't imagaine what will happen to the lake when the plaza is fully occupied. We have this famous mentality...first class infrastructure but third class maintenance mentality. As I walked, I couldn't help noticing these signboards put up presumably by MBPJ...thinking that all's done and that everything will be ok. No, no, no.....absolutely NO. It has to be managed, supervised, and constantly monitored...wastes, rubbish need to be taken care off at least every other day. Wannabe fishermen leave behind styrofoams, plastic drink bags, and yes, there is a park management office nearby, under the local council. So? what do you think these guys do? eat nasi lemak, then dissapear...well...so I was told, one tan sri walking with me this morning, it seems like a typical problem...in almost all local councils throughout the nation...lack of supervision...hmmm sounds familiar. Anyway, about time malaysians really become much more civic-minded...hehe take a hike and enjoy the weekend folks....

No comments: