Wednesday, March 18, 2009

of crashes and gadget gizmos...



Dependence. Yes very drug-like. How do you feel or react when you realise you've left your handphone at home? What happens to your moods patterns or work schedules when your notebook crashes and you just can't seem to be doing anything at all? Can't surf the net, check your mails, update your blog, facebook with frens, ya ya most importantly, finish the few papers you set deadlines to meet? It's unbelievable how dependent we are on technology these days. Ya ok you still have your blackberry, but its not the same as having a computer, a real notebook you have been accustomed to. And when the server at the office is down, look at the faces, the exasperation, the fury, the sighs, the panic it reverberates. Gosh, its like a war zone, its like we're under some alien digital attack haha. As if we did not already have enuf of viral attack fears or trojan horses... I get all kinds of reaction on my facebook when I tell my frens that my notebook crashed! Its definitely not planned obsolescence. It could be anything from not treating it (the notebook) with the minimal TLC (tender loving care? huh) cos you know lar how delicate sensitive and fragile hard disks are kan? (wink...ngalahkan owang pompuan plax.hehehe). Or could it not be IE or Vista? I hear many complaints about Vista and some suggested I go back to XP or wait for windows 7 (Beta version oredi out I wuz told hehe). But the comment I like most folks, is the suggestion that its time a get a new one! hahaha...hmmm let me see... shall it be the VAIO Z series which would be phased out soon? or the 17 inch MacBook Pro just launched? hehe...any ideas? While I am at that, perhaps I should reward meself with the newly going to be launched soon iPhone 3G? ya ya don't push your luck too far aiek, gadget gizmo? hahahahahaha

1 comment:

william said...

just get the iphone3g...dont need to wait...no need to justify to the home minister hahaha....