Sunday, March 29, 2009

a commonwealth award-winning remote school...

the welcome committee...


the locals showing off their skills...also a show of respect and appreciation for visiting them

Getting there takes you about 12-13 hours on former timber dirt-track road...


the pristine cool villages...




the pre-school is part of the commonwealth award-winning Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK)...



When my wife asked me if I'd like to join her visit a remote school in a village called Ba' Kelalan, in a district called Lawas where its faster to reach from Miri, Sarawak on an 8-seater dornier and then travel in a four wheel drive for 12 hours on timber dirt track with knee deep mud at times...to this most remote school in a village called Ba' Kelalan...wow...that sounded like a great safari-like adventure! But alas, I could not make it as I had a meeting in singapore. Would you like to miss out on an opportunity like that? Haha no way man, but as I said, I had to take a pass...what a waste. Some photos she bluetoothed me (above) to share on my blog fellas...

No comments: