Saturday, March 14, 2009

of 6Es, 6S and culture?...

I think there are more than enough bloggers writing about sensational issues, topics and yes politics too (wink) etc etc. Perception many people have of the internet and blogging, abounds. We all, well most (I hope) know the fact that the internet and now blogs, are double-edged swords. It can help one win a battle but lose the war, or risk losing entire kingdoms too heheh. Go ask King Arthur and his Knights of the roundtable (evil wink). Its dark and gloomy this saturday evening (6 pm local time) and a storm is on the way, I think.
I was looking at my old note pads where I scribble stuff I like and here's some of them. First is the 6Es which are Enthusiasm, Emotion, Excellence, Energy, Excitement and Entrepreneurism. The next one is the 6S which was Tun Daim's favourite advice to young upstarts in the corporate world: Study, See, Seize, Strategise, Scrutinise and Slog away...hahaha. Good advice eh? And finally folks before you go away to enjoy the rest of the weekend...this quote:


'If I could have chosen not to tackle the IBM culture head on, I probably wouldn't have. My bias coming in was toward strategy, analysis and measurement. In comparison, changing the attitude and behaviours of hundreds and thousands of people is very, very hard. Yet I can see in my time at IBM that culture isn't jus one aspect of the game - it is the game! (Lou Gerstner ex CEO IBM in his book Who Says Elephants Can't Dance?)

No comments: