Sunday, September 30, 2007

some recent and not so recent speaking engagements...heehee





In November 2006, I was asked to present a paper at the first International OIC Human Capital Management Conference at Sutera Harbour Kota Kinabalu Sabah. I spoke on the same session with Dr Peter Shepard, Ramli Razali and Datuk KY Mustapha the then Sabah State Secretary and also chairman of UMSLink Holdings Sdn Bhd. My paper was entitled: 'Islamic Human Capitalism'. A very humble attempt but I was pleasantly surprised when the ambassadors from Pakistan and Afghanistan came up to me to appreciate my paper. The Pakistan ambassador was particularly amazed at the 'tipping point' examples of mobile telefon penetration rates in Pakistan that I quoted. Prior to that, in July 2006 I was invited to give a public lecture on Human Competencies & Corporate Governance to the teaching staff of Western Mindanao State University (WMSU) at Zamboanga City, Mindanao, The Philippines. In 2001, I was invited to speak at A Frost & Sullivan Conference in Singapore on 'Online Research: Ethics at Play'.

No comments: