Monday, September 24, 2007

a little nostalgia...
















I was springkleening my study at home..trying to get rid of old documents over the weekend. Have always wanted to do it. Throw away all those materials accumulating. Old newspapers, magazines, conference papers and what have you. But as soon as you go through them...you say aah...this I haven't read...this ummm... I may need it when I write my next paper or something...so you end up putting them nicely aside again...hahaha when in fact you should just tear them, shred them or just really...just chuck them way. Sounds familiar right? ya many have shared with me the very same experience...hahaha. Anyway, I came across this two photographs which I think deserves to be included in tonight's bloggycraft ...(or is it crafty blog?...hihi) of mine.
The group photo appeared in the jan-mar 1998 issue of Berita Permodalan (The National Equity Corporation, PNB) where it showed us just after the management-buyout (MBO) exercise. PNBiT was a wholly owned subsidiary of PNB and after the MBO the name was changed to HeiTech. Not many people know that I was the one who gave that name. There were about 300 names suggested...when I walked into Dato's room and scribbled the name 'HEITECH' and showed him...he seemed to like it...so after 10 years we are still HEITECH PADU BERHAD but I shall not bore you with the truly transformational rebranding exercise that is going on right now.
The other photo is one of those rare relaxed moments with my mentor Tan Sri Arshad Ayub after a black tie do of the British Graduates Association (BGAM) Annual Gala Dinner at Nikko Hotel, Kuala Lumpur...heheh. Its already 2 am in the morning...another hour or so it should be ok to have a small bite (sahur).....
Aahh well...one musn't be too nostalgic, people come and go, the new leadership is expected to practice good management that would confront the systemic weaknesses (if any) in our services, and economic planning. Hopefully the transformational exercise I touched earlier will transform our productivity and material well being as the issues now are different - sustainability, globalisation and relationship. Our need is for leadership - those with the purpose, people and passion to set an agenda that will address the long term. Learning from the past but not living in it. This, is also a reminder to me...not to be too nostalgic...hihi....

No comments: