Thursday, September 20, 2007

of birthdays and management gurus...heheh

There is nothing ugly; I never saw an ugly thing in my life; for let the form of an object be what it may, light, shade, and perspective will always make it beautiful. - John Constable 1776-1837. The above photo is taken from Japan-The Four Seasons a book by Johnny Hymas who dedicated it to the poetry of nature, for without her never ending verse man cannot survive, published in 1990 by Shufunotomo Co. Ltd, 2-9, Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 101, Japan. It shows leafless silver birches standing as windbreakers on the pastoral hills of Biei, Furano, Hokkaido. On an autumn eve, there is joy too, in man's loneliness - Buson


Five days ago (september 15th) i turned 53. When you don't get presents anymore or few people remember your birthday...less than 10 text messages wishing you happy befdey...you know you're getting old. Thanks Wadi and those of u (whose identity I cannot reveal hihi) who remembered and wished me...hihi. I hope I am not turning into a grumpy old man (by malaysian standards heheh)....or turning friends into foes or making people who used to love me, hate me. The only consolation perhaps...is the fact that you share your birthdate with eminent people like the late Tun Ismail Mohd Ali, former Governor of the Central Bank and Chairman of the PNB, Tan Sri Ahmad Sarji, former chief secretary to the government & current chairman of PNB...heheh...closer to the office..Tajul Razi hihi,,,and of course the just-resigned PM of Japan - Shinjo Abe. X-premier Abe is of the same generation as me...he just turned 53 as well. What a pity...he couldn't take the bashings (only the trappings hihi) of being a prime minister...having to celebrate his birthday at the hospital. But then again, by Japanese standards..you are qualified for the DIET only upon reaching the age of 70. Abe, therefore, still has a chance of making a political comeback...heheh if he wants to (i think).


Some of the management gurus that have left indelible marks on my thinking and worldview are people like Tom Peters , Charles Handy and Henry Mintzberg. A little of Peter Drucker too I guess. I thought this brief blog that I am crafting tonight, will pay some tribute to these gurus who have in so many ways shaped my intellectual pursuits...

No comments: