Sunday, December 07, 2008

...of rojaksellers, reflections and responsibilities?

Pak Ali Rojak, my favourite your neighbourhood rojakseller (ya... jangan lupa sotong lebih sikit aah?...hahaha) always there, at the same spot in front of the Old Giant Supermarket, Kelana Jaya, been there more than 22 years ago...



Salam Eid Adha for those celebrating Hari Raya Haji (or Qurban) on Monday 8 December, and that is tomorrow. There's a long history to it. Google it ok? I have received mixed reactions to my blog entries. Some say they like the oxymoronic combinations (serious stuff with intermingling of satire, sarcasm and humour), while some others take it personally and interprete what I write as reflecting what I feel (which I like to qualify...not necessarily, sometimes agreeing to disagree?). Having observed and taken note of all that, thank you folks, for those of you who are loyal and regular visitors, I take full responsibility of what I write and/or all the materials I have uploaded. Due credits are acknowledged (for intellectual property rights infringement purposes). Surely I am not one of those who uses other peoples' intellectual property to pass on as my own? The idea is basically to share with you what I stumble upon, or express my candid spontaneous views of a particular issue. In general terms, not referring to anyone in specific terms, whether dead or alive, unless otherwise specified. A few days ago I was mulling to lock my blog url and make it private by invitation only as some of what I have written may have been interpreted as self-serving, or may have offended some people, and as I always say too, from time to time, its also like my virtual diary. I guess its eclectic nature may have confused some of my visitors (hehe). Again, I apologise.





For a long time I have not said what I believed, nor do I ever believe what I say, and if indeed sometimes I do happen to tell the truth, I hide it among so many lies, that it is hard to find. Nicolo Machiavelli, in a letter to Francesco Guicciardini, May 17, 1521





Do enjoy reading some of the stuff I just read at the links below (evil wink). I have decided to be slightly more economical with the truth and space on this otherwise freebie site..hehehe...have a great week ahead, folks....





http://www.economist.com/science/displayStory.cfm?story_id=12719355&source=hptextfeature

http://www.businessweek.com/executivesummary/archives/2008/12/top_stories_of_80.html



http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article5299280.ece











No comments: