Saturday, May 03, 2008

..warm warm chicken shit...

I just had a heavenly thai massage a while ago on this bubu long beach resort when my handphone shrieked. It was a call form Dubai..alerting me that quite a few of those involved and attending the wacana in my previous blog were people who were in some ways, supposedly, obliged to DSAI. I was also told that 8 out of 10 malays support DSAI. That apparently was what was circulating around. No real research or empirical data was shown but...hmm it could be true or it could be just another tehtarik kopitiam talk. But then again, there's probably a grain of truth in it judging from the recent PRU. I did not attend the Kongres Permuafakatan Melayu in Johor held yesterday and today. Undoubtedly, the discussions would gravitate around language issues, mostly. Afterall it was organised by GAPENA. As far as I can remember, since time immemorial, there has been numerous congresses, conferences, colloquiems, seminars, workshops, meetings, wacanas...all over the country on everything malay! We have academics and laypersons alike wielding the Keris, crying profusely (menangis tersedu-sedu menjejeh jejeh airmata) over the purportly sad state of affairs of the malay, race, culture, education, religion et al... If one computes the number of papers being prepared and presented, I would imagine paper used no less at least one timber concession..hahaha. When the rhetorics quieten and everybody goes home. Nothing much really happens. Hangat-hangat tahi ayam (warm warm chicken shit) as the old malay saying goes. My own observations are that, it seems only the older ones are concerned, not the young ones...even if any, probably just a handful. Its a material world out there, who cares about anything else! The way of the world, I guess..hehe...

No comments: