Tuesday, November 27, 2007

of temerloh fruit stalls, marhabans & kemaman kopitiams...





Nice, isn't it? The fruit display has improved tremendously along our east coast, well specifically kuantan's new highway, well...relatively new heheh. i drove back last weekend in my daughter's satria neo with my wife and youngest son....to attend my 2 grand nieces aqiqah ceremony and the usual 'marhaban; session which reminded me of Dr Asri (Perlis Mufti) youtube video clip and his description of marhaban and Jaafar Al Barzanji, the guy who wrote the Berzanji script where it is a collection of praises for the Prophet, Muhamad s.a.w (peace be upon him). go watch that videoclip on youtube if you have the chance. We had dinner at kemaman kopitiam, which by today's standard, is a must stop when one is in Kuantan...hahaha. stayed overnight then, after the aqiqah ceremony, had to rush off to morib, for the aber malaysia alumni family day. You may not believe this but I was defending champion for karaoke...and yes, i defended my championship! hahaha. An unfortunate incident occurred during the day before I arrived, Nash fell down during telematch, broke his glasses and those glasses cut his left eyelid that resulted in 10 stitches! I hope he is okay now. The first prize for karaoke was donated by his legal firm heheh. Prof Aled Jones, Pro-VC was at the dinner too and perhaps he is one of those rare singing Pro-VCs hahaha when he rendered a ..'house of the rising sun'..ya ya ya i know...you were not born yet when that song was a hit!...

No comments: