Saturday, July 19, 2008

wedding egg-a-calling...telor puyuh?


I just got back from a wedding at SUK Hall Shahalam. It was Maimon's eldest daughter's wedding. Maimon was my secretary when I was general manager of University of Malaya Cooperative. I still remember Mimi (the bride) was just a little girl browsing books at the coop while her mum was working nearby. O my gawd, she has grown up into a beautiful young woman and is now a wife. The couple will soon leave for Dubai as her hubby is based there. I met my other ex-staff too. O my gawd, it has been years since I left the coop. Maimon was secretary to my predecessor the late Fahim Yaacob then (of the famous Yaacob clan from Kota Bharu....Fauzi, Fahmi, and Datuk Hishamudin Yaacob whom I also met just now, briefly towards the end of the ceremony). When I got the job offer, Maimon had just got home with her family after a 2 year stint in the UK. She asked back for her job and I gave it to her. At some point in time she joined my old employer, OxfordUniversity Press and was secretary to Edda de Silva the MD who succeeded M Sockalingam.
I notice, we are forever late for weddings and leave before the ceremony ends...much to the disgust of others as well as to the host I suspect...hehe. We do not seem to keep to schedule. Walking in and out as I had commented in my previous wedding blogs, walking shamelessly across the hall in the middle of the ceremony. I, for one, am very particular about functions, don't wanna be too early or late...its bloody embarassing man...hehe.
Anyway, Aishah...yes THE Aishah...the NZ fan club singer with the jeans (yang nampak tabung tuh...hahaha), She looks awesome now (?)....and I must put this on record, that it seems gifts or table gifts have moved from aromatic candles, candies, chocs, chicken eggs to quail egss now (telor puyuh)...that's quite innovative. But I kinda like the pantun gurindam seloka Khalid Salleh as the couple moved in to the Pelamin tempat bersanding (the Dais):
Rasmilah sudah dua sejoli
menjadi ikatan suami isteri
mimim ezura nama bini
mohd sahrul nama laki
kelak hidup berumahtangga
belacan garam asam dan gula
pahit dan manis akan dirasa
penguat semangat hidup bersama
jangan bertengkar jangan bergaduh
sampai membangkit segala yang hodoh
biarlah akal menjadi penyembuh
cari yang jernih buang yang keruh
lambat cepat beranaklah juga
namanya juga cahaya mata
bila mengndung mengidamlah dia
hati nyamuk jangan dipinta
kisah sejarah di gunung ledang
memberi makna erti yang terang
duga dan cabar jangan direntang
maklum fahamkan mudah dan senang
sembilan bulan sepuluh hari
benih tumbuh mebentuk diri
bulan da bintang menjadi saksi
hidup manusia bermula disini
doa restu ibu dan bapa
lahirlah anak dari sifatnya
hukum dan syarat menjadi manusia
berkahwin itu sunnah rasulnya
adat bernama budaya melayu
bersanding berarak mengundang tamu
cara kita memang begitu
sambil berjamu kitabertemu
asal kapas menjadi benang
benang menarik si layang layang
bagaikan sirih bertaut di gagang
isteri dikasih suami di sayang
lubuk bermandi puteri bersiram
bersih dan jernih untuk berendam
dengan bismillah akhirul kalam
semoga mempelai rukun dan tenteram...

3 comments:

mizuraesa said...

wow.. a blog on my wedding! i feel so honoured! :)

thank you for attending.. and i'm sure my mom appreciates it as well!

-Mimi Ezura Esa-

Khaeruddin Sudharmin said...

haha..u mean u juz saw it? thnz for dropping by my blog. give my regards to yr mum & dad. so? u going to be a mummy too, soon?

mizuraesa said...

yeah, my cousin found this blog n shared it with me. no, not going to be a mummy soon.. hehe. i need to get a job first.
but i will, soon.. :)