Sunday, October 07, 2007

Port Dickson...or Peyton Place as we use to call it in those days...



Went home to PD today to break fast with my mom. The whole jinbeng gang was with me except my eldest daughter. I have not been back to PD since the Ramadan began so I thought today would be a good time to saviour my mum's cooking. Just look at those simple but bootylicious (to use a description for Beyonce hihi) dishes. My favourite as my mum knows it, is the typical javanese (a must) ...i forgot what its called but you'd have fresh prawns, tempe (bean curd), tahu, kacang panjang, petai and red and green chillies fried and simmered in saffroned coconut milk. Then there's the sambal tumis with anchovies (ikan bilis) and again, petai. And the third dish is 'Daun Turi' cooked with white coconut milk...hahaha..I tell you...this particular 'Daun Turi' dish...I practically grew up with it. I have not eaten it for quite sometime now. I hope I made my mum happy today by breaking fast with her and her grandchildren. I know I have not been much of 'that exemplary son' so to speak. But I try ok? heheh. Beats your pasta, fettucini or your other Italian delight..anytime bro Wadi...hahaha. But I still love my favourite 4 am sahur at Kelana Parkview McD...emmm..that egg and sausage muffin, hash brown with orange juice and great hot coffee to finish it off...hahaha. Hope you guys had a great weekend too!

1 comment:

Wadi: said...

Oh My, you whet my appetite and brings me to trace back Malaysian local cuisine :) Nice pics! Cheers