Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Weddings oh Weddings and the School Holidays...





Yesterday was monday, the first day of the school holidays. My son began his holiday by losing his kodak digital camera. He dare not tell me but informed his mother instead. And yesterday too was a wedding I attended alone as my wife, who left me for a one whole week away in New Zealand, left me again for her ministry's meeting in Malacca. The wedding was that of the daughter of a long time friend, Tuan Haji Shuib who is general manager of MIDFCCS and was the company that arranged for our HeiTech's listing on the main board almost a decade ago. At my table was also old friends from Aseambankers who were our merchant bankers during that listing exercise. There was Wong and his wife and Wan Asmadi and his wife with a baby coming along soon ...heehee. The whole PwC gang were also present and I caught up with my Hull alumnus, Chin Kwai Fatt, the current PwC managing director. There were others too, like ahmad husni vp, biotechology at Technology Park Malaysia and yes, I bumped into Tan Sri Mohd Salleh Yassin former UKM Vice-Chancellor and now the new VC of United Nations University based at the UN Building, Jalan Semantan, Kuala Lumpur. One of the nice things about weddings is that one gets the chance to catch up on old long lost friends. However, there is something not nice that I observed that I must put in writing...hmmm...I noticed that beng late is becoming to be a norm among malaysians, specifically malays at malay weddings these days. the card says arrival at 8pm...and we still see people walking in shamelessly into the wedding halls....further aggravating the already butterly-filled tummies of the 'tuan rumah' and probably screwing up their agenda too. Some places that I have gone to, fortunately, are able to adjust the program in such away that everything was covered in good time. I must not forget to also note down that apparently, weddings at Felda Perdana Ballroom has a unique attraction in their ermmmm...irresistible tapai with vanilla ice-cream? (see picture...heehee). Tantalising and awfully salivating...isnt it?. Oh...that lontong and that foamy tehtarik was not part of the wedding menu...hihi...that wuz my breakfast this morning at the basement canteen of heitech village...hahaha....

No comments: