Friday, January 16, 2009

...the week that was...

Ya ya I have not been blogging. The last posting was last saturday the 10th. Much has happened during the week. last Sunday January 11, we had our Hull University Alumni Malaysia Annual Dinner and a keynote address by YAB Tun Hanif (former IGP). I like to call it the 2nd Hull Malaysia Distinguished Lecture Series. Tun spoke on "Unity in Diversity: The Malaysian Approach" to about a 100 alumnus and guests at the Royal Lake Club (RLC), KL. The inaugural distinguished lecture was delivered by Hull's VC Professor Dr David Drewry a few years ago at Pusat Sains Negara (National Science Centre). Being a glaciologist, Professor Drewry spoke on "Effects of Climate Change on the two Poles". I am waiting for some awesome shots of the RLC dinner from my personal photographer and 'spin doctor' to email me the fotos (hehe). On friday morning, I was invited to a roundtable discussion with a delegation of Leaders from Mindanao at the Senate Hall, Chancellery, UiTM hosted by the Institute of ASEAN and International Affairs, courtesy of Senior Fellow, His Excellency (retired) Malaysian Ambassador to Spain. The dialogue was illuminating. I was a guest of the Asian Institute of Management (AIM) Alumni Club in Malaysia. Zamboanga City, Mindanao is a nice place. Very spanish and it has its own unique identity. I was there twice, to deliver a public lecture ( on Leadership in 2005 and on Human Competency and Corporate Governance in 2006) on the invitation of the College of Education, West Mindanao State University.

No comments: