Tuesday, September 16, 2008

RCAR2008 Paris..day 1...

my paper day 1 of the meeting yeterday sept 15th at rue d' astorg, Groupama Global Headquarters, one of Fance's largest insurers...

seated on same table as delegates from Kart Korea and Cesvi Mexico


the louvre glass pyramid museum is at the rear of this hotel


Arc de Triomphe..



MRC's country/research report was presented this morning after State Farm, USA and CESVI Spain. CESVI France, came after my presentation. MRC's 2nd and last country paper/research (cut & joint vehicle scenario in malaysia) for this RCR2008 meeting, will be on friday. Asian stocks are battered as I blog this post at 4.40am in my hotel room in Paris while having my sahur. Earlier today, major global financial/economic tremors: the US wall street meltdown when Lehman Brothers after being around for over 150 years, filed for chapter 11 (the US equivalent of bankruptcy), Merrill Lynch bought over by Bank of America and AIG the world's largest insurance company is struggling to survive. Its shares fell 60% yesterday. All these a result of the housing slump. So, the subrime saga is reall not over...hmmm. While blogging this my mind is thinking about our own scenario at home...all is not well? Please tell me all is well...uwaaa. ok folks..need to finish of my curry maggi...will update later today...ciao...

No comments: