Wednesday, August 06, 2008

farewell my fren...

been terribly busy. arrived sydney this morning 7.50am. got into hotel had shower than robert mcdonald head of IAG research centre picked me up. we had marinara pasta at newington before visiting his new facilities well not sooo newlah..oredi 2 years old. IAG like MRC are members of global RCAR. now back at hotel to read my stuff before the panel session with van ratingen secretary-general of EuroNCAP tomorrow at IBIS Australia 2008. yesterday i was chairing a session and presented a paper 'crisis management: a promising oasis or a treacherous mirage?' at the 2008 international quality management symposium at Garden Hotel Midvalley KL. during the flight i was seated front aisle on the upper deck of the 747, beside this very pleasant 30 yr old french chap who lives and works in tokyo whose wife is expecting their first child. Then I remembered that last sunday at about 10am in the moning I got a call from an ole fren Nik (my housemate zaman2 bujang dulu 30 years ago!) informing me that our dear buddy Nik Ariff who was formerly chief state librarian of Kelantan had passed away of a heart attack at tanah merah hospital. I have been trying to contact him for the last few years....and now he is gone. farewell my fren semoga Allah mencururi rahmat keatas rohmu. gotta go now...will blog later tonite...cheerio fellas...

No comments: