Thursday, January 24, 2008

...when it;s time to go...you go....




I was in the car this morning on the way to the office, and as usual the route will take us near Tan Sri Megat Junid's hollywood bungalow at SS7 just opposite Kelab Golf Negara Subang (KGNS). I happen to share the neighbourhood and my little cottage is just metres or yards away from his house. As I got near the house there was a little detour and I saw alot of people. I asked someone and they said to me Tan Sri had passed away this morning at about 5 am. Innalillahi wa inna lillahi rajiun...I stopped to join streams of politicians, pensioners, others who were roaming the corridors of power as well as those still haunting those very corridors of power...hahaha. Minutes later Tun Mahathir our immediate past prime minister came out of the house only to be swarmed by the media. Many common people and dignitaries came to give their last respects to the late Tan Sri. I met many people, too many to list them down, as they say...only at childbirths, weddings, or funerals do we sometimes get the opportunity to meet long lost friends. We must always be thankful to Allah almighty of our good health and being able to wake up the next morning to continue contributing in whatever little way that we can for mankind's greater good....still...one really never can tell...

No comments: