Thursday, February 05, 2009

...of chickens and kitchens...hahaha

Its nice when friends call you up and lament (owh well, complain is more like it haha) that they were not mentioned at all in your (my) blog. Only the 'whos who' were documented, so it seems (hehe). Sometime back my classmates as far back as 1965 also complained how come they did not deserve a mention or a story on my postings? Sorry folks, I didn't realise all of you read my blog. Thank you sooo much for taking time to read my oxymoronic stuff (hehe). Ya ya, it has been about 2 weeks now since my last posting. Yes, anne, wan noriza, norzarina my ex colleagues, I didn't realise you have been faithfully following my blog! Thank you thank you...(hehe). I bet you (my readers) must have all been spun by so many things already huh? global meltdown, technical recession (?), free fall, executive jets, Davos, insanely devilish compensation packages, hop step and jump? (evil wink)....ya ya and the list is endless...

last nite at Sao Nam, Plaza Damas Vietnamese Restaurant owned jointly by a fren, while entertaining my guests from Bangkok and the UK, alot of jokes and anecdotes resurfaced. Oh well, recycled was more like it (heehee). We were also talking about language proficiency and someone told me about this chappie, a malaysian consul general speaking in a 'beating roundabush kinda sort of', while the host ambassador spoke in perfect, precise, concise oxbridge 'england' (hahaha). During dinner, apparently this malay fellow consul's wife spoke perfect 'england', very refined indicating she perhaps may have come from a borgeouis family and everybody thought...hmmm, the wifey should have been the ambassador instead!...hahaha ( interesting story of a kampong boy made it good..hehe). Then Tan Sri (anonymouslah..hahaha) and Puan Sri related their own experience when they were in Boston. Apparently again, a malay chappie doing his PhD came over to the apartment for dinner. He commented "I say Tan Sri, your chicken is small!" Tan Sri said,"Sorry, we are not having chicken for dinner tonite". The PhD candidate again said, "Your chicken is small lar Tan Sri". "Ooooo you mean our kitchen is small?" said Tan Sri....hahaha. But the chappie wuz alright, brave fellow, main belasah aje walaupon 'england' dier berterabork! hahaha. Well, he got his PhD eventually! and probably a full professor too now.

PS:And o ya Kakteh choc-a-blog, (if you're reading this post) your 'the banes of handphones' appeared on page 3 of life&times, NST today. A most joyful read indeed..hahaha how true, how true.... do enjoy the snow in london, while it lasts ok? (hehe)...

No comments: