Saturday, June 28, 2008

Breakfast Buddies....

I have been having breakfast at raju' roti canai since I was 22 years old! It is situated at Jalan Cantek off Jalan Gasing, PJ oldtown (beside the PJ La Salle School and right in front of the residence of one of my former bosses the late Dato' Mohd Yunus Mohd Noor former Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Student Affairs, Universiti Malaya and former Vice-chairman of the University of Malaya Cooperative, when I was general manager/ceo. His wife Datin Azlina Yunus used to be my colleague at Oxford University Press). It's a favourite meeting place where titles and accolades are left at home, most times heheh..but not necessarily in that order. Alot of who's who can be seen having breakfast there. From politicians, Mentris Besars, both ruling and opposition, bloggers, datuks&tansris right down to the man in the street. Every level of the food chain right down to the lowest lifeform (eg amoeba...hahaha). If you can pay for the roti canai, you can sit there with the 'power brokers' too! hahaha.
Last week after a very very long absence, somehow or rather I felt the urge to have my breakfast there. (and oh, I just remembered...my wife said to me after a long time...take me to somewhere expensive. I think Raju's would be just as great as the petrol stations! hahaha) And guess who dropped in for breakfast as well? None other than the rich (maybe not so famouslah..hehe) but definitely rich retired professionals and ex-corporate chieftains. For security reasons, I shall not reveal their identities...hahaha. It has been such a long time since I had bfreakfast with them. Had I known that C*** was going to pick up the tab, haha, I would have ordered the most expensive freshly fried fish! hahaha. Thanks my friend. We had a great discussion...from realpolitiks, to uncensored websites after 12 midnite...to Public Liability Nuisance (PLN) litigation in India! One of those features prevalent in most Commonwealth countries except us. Can you imagine if we too have that PLN tingy? Our infrastructure growth might just immediately grind to a halt! hahaha. Every little thing somebody somewhere will slam a 'saman' (legal suit) invoking that PLN privilege...can be a real nuisance, isn't it? Do enjoy the rest of the weekend folks!...

No comments: