Sunday, March 23, 2014

You think your integrity is high? hmmm think again..hehehe


Certified Integrity Officers Group 6 and The Executive Group, photo with
YB Senator Datuk Paul Low, Minister in the Prime Minister's Dept


 
Wow, time flies. Little did I realize I have been resource person for the CeiO program now running into the 6th, 7th (April) and 8th (June) cohorts. It is conducted at the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Academy at Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur. My slot is a two hour 'internal management control' sharing of industry experience and some stuff on auditing and risk management and a review of corporate scandals and malfeasance in the likes of Enron et al. This certified program is under the supervision of the Centre for Corporate Integrity Development of MACA and most participants are from the public service, GLCs and some PLCs.

When I was first invited to speak at this program, I was under the banner of the Malaysian Institute of Corporate Governance (MICG). They have now invited me in my personal capacity hehehe. The Malaysian Institute of Integrity or IIM was set up during Ex-Premier Tun Abdullah Ahmad Badawi or Pak Lah as he is fondly known. 

I was a bit apprehensive when it was first introduced. My initial reaction was....why do we need an institute for integrity? Would it not be interpreted or perceived by the world at large that Malaysia is a nation of people with no integrity? haha. We are now seeing the fruits of that initiative. Kudos to Pak Lah as we now see a growing seriousness at the way we look ethics, integrity, fraud and corruption at both the public and private sectors. 

The present government is serious at ensuring that Malaysia moves down the scale in the global corruption index. ok ok..I will leave at that. No heavy stuff on a sunday afternoon..hehe. Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks...ciao...

No comments: